Dear CPGIS members,
The 26th International Conference on GeoInformatics (GeoInformatics 2018), co-organized by the CPGIS and Yunnan Normal University, will be held in Kunming, China (June 28–30, 2018). We invite you and/or your students to participate in the Student Paper Competition. The competition is a long-standing tradition of the CPGIS for promoting academic development of young scholars in geographic information science.
The awards will include one First-Place Award ($600), one Second-Place Award ($300), and two Third-Place Awards ($150 each). More awards would become available depending on budget. The awards will be presented at a public event of the GeoInformatics 2018.
As a tradition in the past, the flagship journal of CPGIS, Annals of GIS (published by Taylor & Francis, a world-leading academic publisher) will continue to hold the privilege to be the first to consider publishing the awarded papers. Your participation in the competition indicates that you agree to give Annals of GIS this privilege. All the awarded papers will go through the peer-review process of the journal. Note: Annals of GIS is NOT yet SCI-indexed and we are currently in the process of applying for the SCI-index status for the journal.
Different from other full papers submitted to the conference, papers submitted to the competition must strictly follow the formatting requirements of Annals of GIS. To be eligible for the competition, the first author of the paper must meet ALL of the following conditions:
(1) The author is currently an enrolled graduate or undergraduate student, or graduated within a year by the time of submission;
(2) The author is a current member of CPGIS (please check your membership status or follow the procedure of membership registration);
(3) The author undertakes the majority of the research and the drafting of the manuscript;
(4) The paper has not been published or is under consideration of publishing elsewhere;
(5) The paper has not been submitted for applications to other awards;
(6) The student will present the full paper at the conference upon accepted into the oral competition session.
The Student Paper Competition Committee will invite scholars in relevant fields to review all submissions. Selected papers will be invited for presentation at the oral competition session of the conference. The committee will make final decisions based on the quality of the paper and the presentation at the conference.
To enroll in the student paper competition, please submit your FULL paper to email@example.com
Full paper to the competition: April 1, 2018
Notice of acceptance for the oral competition: April 25, 2018
Early bird conference registration ends: April 30, 2018
Thanks for your interest. We look forward to your participation.
Chair of CPGIS Student Paper Competition Committee
Yunnan Normal University Ltd.